Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday October 19th, 2012

Grade cards will be sent home today. Please sign and return the envelope only.  The actual grade card is for your records.  In addition to grade cards, I am sending home Buzz Books for those who purchased one. 

This week went by so quickly!!  Thank you for bringing in a pumpkin for our pumpkin-ology observations.  The students have begun estimating and measuring circumference and weight for their pumpkin.  We will continue to work with our pumpkins next week.  They will be sent home on Wednesday.  If your child brought in a large pumpkin and you would prefer to take it home with you at conference, just let me know and I'll keep it until then.

Speaking of conferences...Wednesday (night) and Thursday (afternoon and night) are scheduled for parent/teacher conferences.  I have 4 families who have not signed up.  If you do not have a time scheduled, please contact myself or the office as soon as possible.  During conferences, I plan on sharing examples of your child's work, along with information regarding their progress in third grade.  I will also be able to answer any questions you have regarding the grade card. 

Next week is Red Ribbon Week.  Please look at the "Peek at the Week" to know what activities are scheduled for each of the three days.

Finally,  I sent a link to a google document on Monday regarding donations for the Fall Party.  I received an email yesterday informing me that several of you did not get the email.  If you are interested in signing up for Fall Party donations please click the link below and sign up to bring an item.

 
 Have a great weekend!
 
-Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment