Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26, 2013

I began writing this post by looking at the calendar for upcoming events  and couldn't believe what I saw...the last week of April!!  Eeks!  Where has time gone?

Next Wednesday, we begin GLA testing.  As you know from reading your child's agenda, we have spent the past 8 days working to mix all of the good reading skills with test taking tips, so we feel prepared for the tests.  I know these kids are going to rock the test!

Today, I have sent home a white envelope with an index card and instructions.  Please decorate this card with encouraging words.  Then, send the card back in the envelope and I will ensure it is placed on your child's desk Wednesday morning. 

Homework this week is the regular reading log and 4 multiplication timed tests.  Throughout the week, I would like you to use these tests to time your child on their multiplication fluency.  This is very similar to the test I give at school.  Time your child for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.  Record how many problems they get correct.  The goal is to complete at least 34 problems within the time limit. Your child does not have to return all of the timed test.  Have them only return their best one for me to look over.

One last thing, Ms. Askin's last day with us will be next Thursday.  I am planning to have a little celebration that afternoon.  We will present her with a scrapbook and a basket of teaching supplies.  If you would like to contribute, please send in an item(s) with your child by Thursday morning. I will also have a card for your child to sign.

Don't Forget: No School Monday! 

Have a great weekend!
-Jodi


1 comment: