Monday, August 6, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

One of my favorite parts of being a teacher, aside from working with children, is the feeling of anticipation I have each August. Everyone is feeling excitement and nerves, wondering if this will be their best year, yet. Unlike other professions, teachers enjoy a "fresh start": the ability to celebrate a new year in August and January.  As with traditional New Year's celebrations, back to school always includes some New Year Resolutions of its own.

I thought I'd share with you a few of my Back to School Resolutions:


  1. Get up earlier! Recently, I read a book called What The Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam.  Clearly, I have not been taking advantage of the "magical" time of  day described by Mrs. Vanderkam. It seems Ben Franklin was right over 200 hundred years ago when he wrote: "The early bird gets the worm." 
  2. Blog. Blog. Blog!  I created this blog as a way to effectively increase communication and  involvement between school and home.  My hope is to keep it up to date and relevant so everyone can see the important work the children of Room 205 are doing.
  3. Streamline my organization.  This one has everything to do with my continued desire to become more adept at using technology, lessen my forgetfulness, and be more productive.  What is the good of a list...if you forget it on the kitchen table? 

I'm on my way to Hawthorn to begin preparing my classroom for all of the bright, beautiful faces I will meet a week from today!  I can't wait to find out what "Back the School Resolutions" my new students and their parents have in mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment