Thursday, January 3, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Were you happy to see school begin today?

This time of year I find myself humming a line from a popular Christmas song, "...and Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again!" Although I thoroughly enjoyed the extra time I was able to spend with my family, I was ready to get back to work.

The students shared about their memorable winter breaks and seemed excited to get started with 2013! We have a few new faces joining us this semester. Tomorrow we get a new student, Shirin. Shirin is a former Hawthorn Husky and I'm sure many will be glad to see her return. Also, I am glad to introduce you to Ms. Taylor Askin! Ms. Askin is a student at Northwest Missouri State University and will be completing her student teaching experience with us. I feel very lucky to have Ms. Askin with us this semester. We will be planning our lessons and co-teaching together. Your child will have access to two adults during their day. Ms. Askin is also very lucky to be placed with such respectful and responsible children. She will be with us until May.

Before I close, I want to extend my deep gratitude for the lovely Christmas gifts you gave me. I am so privileged to work with amazing kids and supportive families.

Happy 2013!
-Jodi
Below is my Christmas Tree of gift cards! Thanks to all who donated!

No comments:

Post a Comment